1/31/13

Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese

A couple weeks ago, I made the most amazing AMAZING Mac and Cheese dish I've ever had. I am being legit.

I really didn't steal this recipe , per say, I was skimming through the oh-so lovely Pinterest and just saw quickly a Buffalo Mac and Cheese dish. I didn't even look at the recipe. Why? UHHH..Mac and Cheese from scratch is one of the first things I taught myself  in my early 20's when I started learning to cook .

So..Basic Mac and Cheese recipe? Im sure you can Google it and get a ton of variations. But this is what I do.

Basic Mac and Cheese

4 TB of Butter
4 TB of Flour
3 Cups of Milk
2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese
1TB of yellow mustard
Salt and Pepper
1 package of short pasta ( macaroni, penne, rigatoni- choose your poison)

Start the base of your roux with melted butter, and flour and cook it for a minute or two, add your milk a little at a time and whisk. Whisk until you don't see lumps then let the whole mixture come to a boil. add mustard and cheese and Salt and Pepper to taste. Toss in your cooked pasta and Voila..quick homemade mac cheese. My variations includes adding bacon, chicken, and broccoli or peas. or using different cheeses and sometimes I will throw on some italian bread crumbs on the top  with melted butter and give it a crunchy touch.

This time, for my buffalo chicken mac and cheese I subbed the cheddar cheese for SMOKED CHEDDAR CHEESE! eep! so yummy!  and I added about a cup of Frank's Buffalo Hot Sauce. i cooked my chicken breast half way through and then cooked it in hot sauce the rest of the way. I bought the stir fry chicken package in the poultry section and just cut them into bite sized pieces. Cooking time goes alot faster that way.

Threw in my pasta into the sauce and added blue cheese crumbles  and mixed.  Here is the masterpiece, add more hot sauce and blue cheese for taste! YUM YUM!

No comments: