Wes and I had our first consultation with the RE, Dr. Hammoud at the University of Utah. I was so nervous all day long. I just had all the questions in my head, and they escaped me when I got there. He gave us a plan of action and, immediately, they took my blood. I hate needles and I am pretty certain the tech was thinking "OMG what a wuss!"
The best part of the meeting was with the M.A. just asking us questions like do we smoke, drink, how often we exercise..etc. Wes lied on his little answer sheet, the packet we get a month before the visit, and put NO and then when she asked him he said " I do drink, in fact I was drunk when I was filling out the paperwork" Haha!
The plan of action is to test my ovarian reserves and my thyroid, get my sonogram done and wes his semen analysis, all to be done the same week! From there, assuming things are a go, we go on Clomid and push some extra eggies out. Im trying so hard not to get my hopes up to high and thinking that all that is needed to do the trick is the Clomid...but i hope so!
The U already had my blood results in the next day...to my relief- a good egg reserve and no thyroid problem.
A handful of friends knew we had this appointment coming up and asked me how it was, how I was doing, and offered me their ear. It made my day, and made me feel like I didnt have to struggle through this alone. Some of the girls are farther along in the treatment process, or a little more aggressive, and some of the girls just reached with genuine concern. Love them all!
My sonogram was quite the experience. When I got there initially and took a Midol about 20 minutes before
hand, the MA let me know what to expect..speculum, dye, catheter in the
uterus. But as soon as the fluid starting going in, the pain was
unbearable.
The Dr said its apparent I have a sensitive uterus..uhm you
think?
Luckily, the clinic was so patient with me and let me finish the
procedure...2.5 hours later. Again, such a wuss..but they had to sedate me with a cocktail of valium and lortab, they were even considering putting me to sleep but the drugs were the agreed method- i only had to go under once with anesthesia, and I was sick for days- I didn't want to miss any more work than I had to.
After 2 valium and 2 Lortab- I still felt the pain...and of course, being the boob I am, I was just crying - almost the whole time. My Mother in Law was such a big help, came and picked me up and took me to the pharmacy for antibiotics ( for an infection, cause i guess i bled quite a bit during the exam) and even bought me an eclair-cause thats what always makes me feel better , and Wes took the day off to tend to me since we weren't sure what my side effects would be with all the drugs. Cassie came over later that night and brought me ice cream and we had girl talk. Im so lucky to have such great support.
Now we just wait on Wes' swimmers test...the advice we got was he should bring headphones and bring other material..because all they had was Victoria's Secret catalogs. Hehe!
Last spring I started a private blog to help me get through this and document all my feelings...if you don't know how long we have been trying, its all here :
http://ourmillerbaby.blogspot.com/2012/04/emotions-of-it-all.html
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing, I've been wondering how things have been going. Hooray for good eggs & a perfect thyroid. So sorry to hear the sonogram was awful, I've heard it's ridiculously painful. I was hoping your experience wouldn't be bad. . .I think you are simply amazing!
Post a Comment