9/1/12
San Diego- The Beach and the Fun!
We wrapped up our last full day in San Diego by hanging out at the beach on Coronado Island. I can't even tell you how perfect the whole day was: sunny, breezy, 73 degrees -PURE HEAVEN!
So, if you don't know, I can't swim. at all. i don't think i know how to float. I've also never been in the ocean. So on this day after the boys played around in the deep blue ( they were trying to body surf here..the water was pretty cold, so these guys were pretty brave) i decided to take the plunge!
My first time in the ocean...here we go!
i barely let go of wes until we were done...I remember walking into the water and it went up to my knees and i was panicking cause it was so high, well to me! the water was cold..and then this huge wave came, and my life flashed before my eyes---okay not really, but i was really nervous that the wave was going to take me away. I had to be done after that wave, and i was relieved, and felt very proud of my self!
I was much happier just sitting on the sidelines
Some other fun things we did in San Diego during our three days between Seaworld, The Zoo, and The Beach...
We ate at the Hopping Pig, a great pub and grill near our hotel in the Gaslamp District. I wish i would have taken a picture but we had Pork Belly! and the most amazing jalapeno burgers on the planet. we pitched in and shared dessert, of course!
Bacon and Peanut Butter Ice Cream! I was tempted to order another one!
The best Bread Pudding I've ever had.
Wes' cousin lives in Point Loma and visited us at the restaurant. Rob is full of san diego history knowledge and we learned so much about the cities.
This was the week that Wes turned another year older, so we went west towards Poway and his other cousin, Rod, and Rod's family made us all dinner and sang happy birthday to Wes.
The hotel we stayed at was called the St. James..now owned by Ramada. it sat right in the heart of the Gaslamp district. The hotel was built in the early 1900's and the bar inside was frequented by Wyatt Earp.
Part of the charm of this hotel is that it had the original elevator systems. there was a gate you had to open and close, so old fashioned! but it was really slow, and sometimes annoying cause it could only fit 5 people.
the city was bustling and i could not believe how may restaurants, bars, pubs, shops they could fit into this tiny area of downtown San Diego.
Rob, took us around town during the evening, and i wish i had my camera because the view of San Diego from the top of Point Loma at night- the most breathtaking thing i had ever seen.
We definitely will make this trip again..probably not drive though, and fork out the extra expense to fly.
I will miss these blue skies! Until next time, San Diego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment