9/22/12
Making a Boxed Brownie a BAMF Brownie
MMMM!!! One of our favorite combinations in the world is chocolate with raspberry and cream cheese. In fact, our wedding cake was dark chocolate with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting.
Today, me and the husband are taking dinner to our great friends The Dillman's- who just recently- like, 6 days a go recently- had their first baby.
Part of their dinner was this dessert. It was simple and its so tasty! And it starts with a boxed brownie mix.
The only substitutions I made were, instead of all vegetable oil, I used half unsweetened applesauce and grapeseed oil.
The sauce is a simple package of frozen raspberries, sugar , about 1/3 cup, or to taste and a little water. Simmered until it got thick. Make sure to let it cool completely.
The frosting was two tubs of whipped cream cheese , 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and 3 TB of honey. Whip til smooth and refrigerate.
I mean, how easy is this? and its so fancy all plated up. I know they will love this dessert!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is this the same Raspberry sauce recipe you gave me? It was yummm!!!
yes they will love it, and if there are leftovers, you know where I live....please hand deliver.
you know what i ought to do- send you a FOODex Package :)
see, Moo that is why you get all the "Big Bucks!"....all these great ideas...I will be watching for the FOODex man/woman.... tap tap......still waiting...... ummmm...hello........remember me???.....something tlls me this is going to take awhile....
Post a Comment