11/13/11
Homemade Buttercup Squash Soup
My mom grew these squash in her garden, i admit that i had to google under images to see what their names were. I adapted the soup from a butternut squash recipe.
Roasting it and then scooping it out was easier than i thought. I yielded 4 cups of squash. I added 4 cups of chicken broth and pureed the mixture in batches in the blender until it was smooth. I addes some spices since i was out of fresh produce- dried celery flakes, a spoonful of prepared pesto, garlic salt, parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Simmered for about 20 minutes and done!
The result was creamy soup topped with pumpkin seeds and green onions.
I made Wes a grilled chicken pesto cheese sandwich with his soup so he had something to dunk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Aren't you just the most clever Betty Crocker EVER! I was disappointed that you didn't put some type of cauliflower in it. ha ha... You are a good wifey, hope your hubby appreciates you and your cooking extravaganzas!
Post a Comment