11/2/13

Mission: Baby Miller: Welcome 2nd Trimester!

I remember when I was only 6 weeks, and I felt like this 14th week was SO far away...but the weeks flew by and here I am- all 2nd trimest-ery.

A quick snapshot of weeks 12 and 13


So far, the evening sickness has died down somewhat. I feel like my old self again...which almost scares me cause I think "is something wrong with the baby?" I also have been getting frequent cold sores on my lips. My Dr finally prescribed me some topical medication...expensive medication! $75 after insurance paid $226! Good thing it doesn't expire for a couple years!

I can't believe how my belly has changed..and my hips. Seriously, I feel my hips have gotten 10 inches wider. I go to sit down in some chairs and I'm like Whoa! I never used to feel this way in a chair! Some days I feel like I am bigger than I should be in the belly, but I hear it a lot, that everyone is different. Okay..I feel very different then.



This year, Wes and I didn't do Halloween like the couple years before. I had a fun 80's themed party mid- October and that was as dressed up as I was going to get this year


I also had a great GNO with some of the funniest ladies around! We went to Wendover to see the Men of Playgirl, the show was okay, but the friends made it pretty entertaining! Also my first time on the Fun Bus, which wasn't so fun to me. I hate that feeling of not having control. My time was dictacted by a 50 passenger vehicle that had little Mexico in the back and someone with turrets in the front, then a big booty bus host who tried to be comedian of the year.

October was also a fun month for Wes and Maddy. Wes got to go to a World Series game in St. Louis. even though they lost, he was so happy for the experience! Who knows when he'll be able to go again!







and Maddy, his little sister is getting married soon! They asked me to take some engagement pics and they are just the sweetest couple!




I know I always rave about my Mother in Laws amazing culinary skills, but it passed down to her daughters and now I  think her grand kids...I got to tend Mr. LewBird and he takes a liking to Giada and Rachael Ray


I couldn't believe how self entertaining this child was. I want my baby to be this way, cause it will be a while, if ever, it will have a sibling.

I did some reading up on the benefits of massages during pregnancy. At first, I was afraid that I would harm the growing fetus. I also live above some new parents whose baby cries all the time. I'm not sure if its colicky or if its just a crier..I've never heard anything like it. We get awaken sometimes by its crying. I also wondered if the mother had a stressful pregnancy and that stress got passed to the baby?  I just want a calm and stress free pregnancy so my baby will come out happier and healthy and calm as well. I felt like massages would be the answer for me.

I finally found a massage therapist who did pregnancy massages. I felt like I hit the jackpot! The lady is the Prenatal Massage Director at Sanctuary AND a Midwife! So full of knowledge and so nurturing. I couldn't pass up this opportunity, so I went ahead and purchased a 6 massage package and added 2 more sessions. I am set through my pregnancy! and I get this treatment everytime...
 personalized locker and a fluffy robe

my first few sessions up until 20 weeks, I get to lay face down in this bad boy of a cushion

It's this elevated foam pad with a deep well for my belly and two dents on top for my boobs. It was awkward at first, but then I just sunk into it and I was really comfortable. And I opted for a tangerine essential oil, thats what those drops are...my boobs aren't leaking yet!

The sad part about the Spa going forward, no steam room :( that was my favorite part! I'd always go early to sit in it and then sit in it after my massages for like 15 minutes. However...I do get a marvelous foot soak before every session now. uhm..oookaayy!

Hopefully this trimester is as great as everyone says it is! We find out the gender next weekend at 15 weeks at Fetal Foto! I'm so anxious! I took one of the chinese gender tests and it totally says girl! Boy or Girl, we will be happy no matter what

What a blessing it is to be this far along in our pregnancy and to live the life we have. We have been very fortunate and are grateful every single day. We have so many great supporters around us that wish for our well being all the time. I can't thank you all enough❤️ It means so much to us!

I will keep the posts coming! And, I won't lie, I can't wait to make a blog book about our journey after it's all said and done, hehe. 

No comments: