This year we were able to hang in St George for a while with The Johnson's. Cassie is almost due with Jackson,and we were able to get her nursery somewhat organized. The boys went golfing the following day and I took Cassie to this great consignment shop I used to go to when I lived in St. George called Urban Renewal.
They always come up with neat things, like these books cut out to be shaped like letters. They open up like books and every thing. I think Cassie had her eye on a J one for the nursery :)
This was only half of the place, but its so amazing, right!?
I know I instagrammed or facebooked most of these pictures but I wanted to recap our fun highlights of the trip
Cassie busted out in her maternity swimsuit and we got to relax by the pool at Casablanca.
That evening we all went and played BINGO. I played BINGO every night I was there actually ,and even though I didn't win- I had a good time. Yes that's an ice cream cone.
Oh my favorite day! Bobbie and I had this awesome Spa day planned. It was a 2 hour treatment that included a scrub, a mud wrap and a massage. I had the staff take this picture of us so you could see how relaxed we look (sorry its so fuzzy- i can't control the photographers) . I definitely recommend this to anyone. It was only $159 for the treatment and we got to sit outside and lay out by the mineral pool as long as we wanted.
Wes went golfing every day we were in St George and Mesquite. I know that was the highlight of his trip.
One of the evenings, we met up with the Dillman's and Mike and Blake's Mom, Becky, at her beautiful town home in Mesquite. We had a yummy BBQ on the patio and enjoyed the warm weather. I have to say, I got little Lincoln to smile a lot, he likes me- which makes me feel good. And he doesn't like Wes very much, so that makes me feel better. Becky was trying to take this picture of Bobbie and Lincoln, I saved the day cause before, he was looking at me at the other side of the patio and I was able to get him to look at a reasonable direction for the picture, but he is still looking at me here, cause he likes me :)
The pool at the Casablanca is the greatest thing on the planet to me
I wish I would have gotten in more poolside time to enjoy it and this wonderful cocktail of coconut water and pineapple juice. I might try to recreate this experience at my condo's pool this summer- I'm sure it won't compare though.
On our way back home- I had to introduce Wes to bubble tea. He never had it and The Orange Peel opened when I lived down in St George 5 years ago- its still going strong! Bubble Tea Power!
After we got back and headed back to the reality of what we call WORK- I looked out the window and still wished I had a few more days on vacation..
MISSION: BABY MILLER UPDATE
I just finished my second month of Femara. Although nothing came of it this month, I am surprisingly okay. I was more emotional this month though than last month, I had a day at work where I just cried a lot.
I want to be able to enjoy my summer without being pregnant I think. I will continue the hormones but really not worry too much about it. What I will worry about is my weight. The clomid and Femara combination has made me gain 26 lbs! I was freaking out and googling the shit out of the side effects of both treatments. and Femara came out to be the culprit- with insane amount of water retention and weight gain common among most of the women I read about. So my goal is to lose some weight this June and try to be a healthier weight before I have to carry a baby around. I am also signing up for a Massage Envy membership to try and lessen my stress about the fertility treatments, and now the weight gain- other things on my mind include possibly moving end of summer and various work projects. Massages are justified I think, don't you?! I have a friend that was going through fertility treatments as well, and I am happy to say, after IVF she is finally pregnant! I am so excited for her!! I think being able to conceive and bear children is the most amazing thing a human can do. I can't wait for my turn!

No comments:
Post a Comment