5/21/12

Junior League, Mangos, Mr. Grey and the Sailor Jerry

This weekend our Junior League's Kids in the Kitchen committee was a sponsor for the Girls on The Run  5k in Sugarhouse Park. We set up a table and taught onlookers healthy meal options, creating a perfect plate, and had snacks and fun jewelry as hand outs. we also did a hula hoop and jump roping contest. I didn't attempt either activity- im sure i've forgotten how to, haha. The event had about 900 people in attendance!

My awkward pose- obviously not ready for the shot

Hulas and Oranges
5k attendees

pictures courtesy of my fellow Junior Leaguer and fitness fanatic Emily Lucht , please click on the link to visit her cute blog.


Aside from my dutiful role in the Junior League, the weather this weekend beckoned me to go outside...i went as far as my balcony - to read, (yes..read)  read what  you may ask....??


*GASP*

coupled with this awesome beer, i soaked up the nice weather on our balcony


I'm on the second book, chapter 12- as you can see. I know that im close to having my period, and my hormones are just making me emotional, but i cried in this chapter. I know what your thinking-
"WTH MOO?!"

I also made me a mango smoothie- smoothies seem all the rage lately right?- I would suggest though, not dropping your mango on the floor. when its ripe, and after peeling, it feels kind of slick. I couldn't control the sucker. 30 second rule was implemented excessively.
1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup chopped mangos, 1 cup ice, juice of an orange, sweetener or sugar if necessary- buzz in blender and serve.

(I just felt like i did a plug for Silk...i better demand some cash.)

This also happened to Sailor Jerry- the emptying of the original contents was not the doing of me, rather, another Miller in this household.
 After it was empty- i poured in some fine olive oil and capped it with a spout.
I'd say its pretty practical and a good way to recycle

2 comments:

MamaMags said...

I thought of you when I stumbled on to this blog-you need to try the Jalapeno cream cheese crescent poppers! They look amazing, I am going to make them this weekend, but use green chilies instead of Jalapenos. myhomemadelife.blogspot.com keep up the baking and I'll be watching you on TV and saying, hey I knew her when...!

MooMill said...

Haha! your always so supportive Maggie! i have a new business venture popping up, im waiting for the wheels to start rolling a bit. i am definitely making those crescent poppers!thanks for sharing the recipe.