11/3/15

Avocados from Mexico: Millers go on Vacation

So let me tell you how we got to this resort. When we arrived to our original booked resort, called The Beloved Hotel. La Amada  We were greeted with champagne and cool towels. As we go to check in, they tell us that from the heavy rains, some of the rooms were damaged. They  wanted to move us to the resort called The Finest, but we had friends staying at the Excellence next door, so  I asked the Hotel Manager if we could stay there. So they let us. The nice part was they let us ride in a golf cart over, it was literally 3 minutes away, and we were greeted once again with champagne and cool towels. I was buzzed before I even got to say Gracias. So that is the story.

We said bye to Chuck, our flight attendant happened to be the coolest mom of one of our coolest friends, too!

 Im toasted on this flight too, cause i took my Dramamine late and then had alcohol hehe


 This little beach bag they put in our room meant quite a bit. they had upgraded us into an anniversary room in this area called "excellence club" so we ended up getting upgrades and discounts on our spa and  just royal treatment all week. They had areas marked "excellence club members only" and these fun little beach boys and cabana boys came out with towels and set up our loungers and gave us drinks and sunscreen. It was nice!

The beach areas marked for "club" members had these beach beds that were 10 feet away from water.



and all the beach boys offered to take pictures for us haha.



Seriously a dream!!

And if we weren't on the beach, they were pool areas marked for 'Club' members and then we'd get cabana boys like Julio here
setting up our loungers with comfy towels. and they would all say "you are on vacation, you don't lift a finger" Uhm...okay!

They had yummy drinks, of course the Pina Colada..I ended up my trip by drinking Mango tangos the last few days.

We had a couple days that we spent with our friends but it was mostly me and Wes, we had not taken a honeymoon after our wedding so it was a good chance to treat it as such.



but the times we did spend with friends were fun!




One of the best parts and my favorite memories is the food! they had such good food and different cuisines. 

I had ice cream almost everyday, and fish tacos for lunch










 One of my favorite places was this French Restaurant..it was pretty darn close to authentic, well it all had a mexi twist but it was really yummy!
and this tiny little butter pad dish. if you know me, I have this urge to always steal cute things from restaurants...its so crazy! its the only time i want to steal...you know like, at Chilis or Applebees back in the day they gave you a to go box, and your sauce was sitting in that ramekin...I would just drop that whole ramekin, sauce and all in my to go box. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did that. Just so you know, I did not steal this butter pad dish. 

 Sometimes We would order room service, and sometimes we showed up to our room from a day at the beach and there would be spreads like this just waiting for us, champagne and cheese plates!
SO SO Spoiled!!

And their guacamole...i still dream of their guac..something about that mexican avocado!


The Resort was so pretty, and the grounds were really well maintained and manicured. They had fun artistic modern elements everywhere. and iguanas...iguanas at every turn.

























The water hammocks were fun!



thats the Mango Tango drink I mentioned.

 but the best were these swingy beds

and there was a beach wedding just yonder, in which the bride was just walking down the aisle by us, I didn't notice, so Wes thinks I got in the picture, but they said I wasn't haha.


I saw another wedding there too. 

It made my Wedding Planner heart pitter patter.






that's me learning some latin dance moves.


I miss you already, Cancun!

but it was nice to come home to our little Charberry!
one of the days , we were getting massages and I was laying with my face in the hole and was trying to relax, but then I started crying cause I was thinking about Charlotte! Ha ha, i got offered a tissue and i think the therapist was giving herself props cause she was releasing toxins from my body with her efflerauge.

We want to go again in a couple years, but really plan ahead and invite friends! hopefully we can all go together!



















No comments: