FOOD
Loving: corn, sweets, and recently learned I can order a half caf latte and avoid insane amounts of caffeine
Hating: My hyper sense of smell has returned and most things smell and make me sick to my stomach. A lot of nausea is creeping up. I'm also hating water. I drink tons but my body expels it too fast so I still end up with crazy swollen feet and hands. I hear the symptom is normal now but it's quite annoying.
BODY
Loving: feeling her move so much and now seeing it as my belly moves about. I'm sure it's starting to get cramped in there for her. I also love bubble baths. It's so nice to soak a couple times a week and relax. Still doing my prenatal massages and I've added pedicures. So I love my toes too!
Hating: the swelling, back aches and my runny nose. I can accept the weight gain but I am getting huge. I figured I'm going to need lose 70 lbs after Baby.
Feeling: Excited to meet her and scared for labor, anxious for mommy hood. Blessed and grateful to have this experience and share it with family and friends.
This week a few things happened:
First, we knocked out our super birthing class last Saturday. 8 hours of everything labor. It was intense, but very informative. I recommend new parents take a birthing class for sure. We feel more comfortable now with what to expect. We also got a tour of our maternity ward, lovely place the University Hospital is and very baby friendly.
Me and Wes have a few things we wanted to check off our ' Before Baby comes' list. One of them was brunch at Fiddlers with friends. And it happened that 16 of our friends came
We got another one checked off too, a nod to our simple past - we both got insanely chunky one holiday season cause we were obsessed with dunking cookies in our coffee. So we made a total night of it and watched Catching Fire on pay per view- super fun date night in.
Next, the ladies from the magazine threw me a sweet baby shower at Z'Tejas...their food is so yummy! The cake story is so funny. I wish I would've taken a picture of it- but instead we gobbled it and forgot it really wasn't a baby shower cake- But kinda
Lastly, we made the decision that I would discontinue working full time and be more of a stay at home mom, for at least the first year. Shocker- to me even. Wes decided it was what he wanted, and it's been tough for me all week to comprehend how my life will be so turned around. I'm a working girl.. I've worked longer than I've been an adult! and I was completely fine coming back to work full time and doing the day care thing- people make it work everyday and their kids turn out just fine.
I have anxiety about being home all day and not doing adult things and contributing financially to the household. Wes says my contribution will be raising and teaching our daughter- hello?! Pressure! I'm not exactly a a teacher, or close to one! I'm afraid I won't teach her the right way and that I'll resort to Sesame Street .....or books on tape- no? Babies don't do that?
The anxiety is also from knowing I can't go shopping when we go down to one income :(. I don't mind working to be able to buy the things I want, that's been my life. So now, I will have to adjust and face the reality my spa days are over and my online shopping will just be online wishful thinking. Hard to chew.
But, from what I've heard, being a SAHM is the best thing I can do for us and that once I have her, I know I won't want to leave her. That I won't regret it and it's going to one of the best decisions I made. I might be the odd duck here, but I can't quite see the pros outweighing the cons yet. Hopefully, as we get closer to the due date, my mind set will change and that the thought of being home all year with the baby won't be a bad thing. The positive thing I see from this is that nursing will be a lot easier, and I'm glad now I only bought a single electric breast pump. The other thing is I can start refocusing on marketing my wedding planning business and hope I can get a few booked for 2015. Yeah- money making is always on my mind. And maybe the magazine will have a few projects for me to assist with so that I can still feel like a part of the team.
Growing a family comes with many challenges and decisions and most of those decisions are about sacrificing my wants, my needs, and my time for what's 'best for the baby.' It's Been quite the adventure just trying to change gears for what is to be the most wonderful thing I'm about to have.... a daughter.



No comments:
Post a Comment