I have one week left til I am officially in my third trimester- I'm excited and anxious, cause then it's just a couple months til I am full term and can pop this baby out!
I did get some extra things though- cause I was excited about the clearance sales, and kohls cash and new stuff ;) and this all should get me through til the end and beyond.
Boots- Now I know this isn't just a maternity thing- but I didn't want to wear my high heeled boots while pregnant in the fall and winter- so I bought flat boots, and I love them, and they fit around my chubby pregnancy calves and ankles. Zulily- $15 each (YAH!)
Maternity Coat- I read so many things saying don't waste your money on a maternity coat. But I tell you what, its comfy and fits ALL the way AROUND and I don't have to worry about my underbelly hanging out and getting cold. Plus it's nice enough that even if I wear yoga pants and a t shirt, I put my coat on and my boots and I look all put together- seriously! Motherhood Maternity- clearance $45
Maxi Dresses- I loved wearing these towards the last few weeks of my second trimester. sometimes I'd layer with a cardigain, or slip on a t-shirt over them haha. Kohls, Target and Old Navy
Maternity slip- this was a little more pricey then I wanted originally but it's the best slip! It's almost a pseudo shaper and smooths everything out. Plus I started using coconut oil as my stretch mark preventative and this slip helped protect my dresses and skirt. $35 a Pea in the Pod
A nice maternity dress- I got this at H&M and I can dress it up or down. I love that it fits around my growing belly and that I have something nice to wear to our events at the Magazine or other places. And it's not one of those gnarly wrap dresses or nursing dresses- bleh!! I also purchased maternity tights if I needed to be formal. $15 H&M Maternity , tights $13 Pea in the Pod
Coconut oil- I read a lot of good things about coconut oil. And I already had it in my pantry, so I didn't want to spend too much on stretch mark creams. And my Dr. said people will get stretch marks whether they use stuff or not- it depends on the girl. So I mainly use it to keep my skin soft and stretchy so I don't get gigantic tiger stripes- if I can help it. So far , no marks on my belly. Some small marks on my hips, thighs and bum is all. It goes on amazingly well and then I just smell good for a while. I also use it as an evening facial moisturizer and on my hair after my hair clarifying shampoo days. $10 amazon
Snoogle- This pillow has helped me so much. Around 20 weeks I started to get hip pains at night and this pillow helped relieve a lot of that for me. I bought a cover for it so I can keep it clean all the time, however the cover is hard to put on and take off. It kind of reminded me of a condom too, haha. $60 pillow and cover, Amazon and Pea in the Pod
My other second trimester staples included Wes's t-shirts. They were just comfy to sleep and lounge around in. house slippers and boy shorts underwear- both equally comfy.
Other Moo-ccessities
Prenatal vitamins- I took these in my first trimester too, after trying a few brands, they were the only ones that didn't make me nauseous. $20 amazon , cheaper at Costco but they haven't carried them the last couple times I've been there
A supportive Husband- I didn't realize how amazing some men can get while their wives go through a pregnancy. It helps so much to have a supportive husband- even if he doesn't understand the hormones and the aches and uncomfortableness. Wes is great at just 'trying' and lends a hand. There are times when he forgets I can't move as fast anymore ha ha, but he's always there to help me get comfortable or tell me I'm the cutest pregnant lady he's seen- even with a basketball game on- that's a big deal ;) . And he's always good for a cravings run :) He has become very protective of me and our little package, too- he worries just as much as I do about our entire well being and safety. He is going to be a pretty spectacular Dad :)














No comments:
Post a Comment