As I am approaching my third (YEP! I know- eep!!) I thought it was interesting, the changes I made to make each trimester comfortable for me. I know everyone is different in their experiences, but maybe some of my likes might be the same or be helpful :) I always liked reading about others experiences, as well- and that partly motivated me to also share these things.
My other preference were these from Pea in the Pod. I got black and gray, these are very soft and layer well with long shirts and knee high boots and don't ride up. $40
I was able to still wear some normal clothes for a while, too. The fluffy loose shirt like this one I got from Bohme, helped me stay comfy and feel like I was hiding that " not quite showing yet but bloated like hell" phase. Shirts and pants both from Bohme $30 and $40
First, my skin care regimen changed a bit as I wanted to make sure all my products were pregnancy safe- there is so much out there to scare the living day lights out of you during the first trimester. Seriously- it makes you wonder about all the other stuff you did pre pregnancy that may affect your developing fetus.
Belli Acne Spot Treatment- I broke out like crazy my first trimester. I picked this up at Pea in a Pod , you will see as my posts go on ,that's one of my favorite stores. Amazing stuff and I still have a ton left. $15
Dermalogica Active Moist- I was already familiar with dermalogica but it took me getting all facially concerned to make my big purchase. $45
Simple Face Wash- no soaps or parabens, fragrance and dye free. And reasonably priced. $7
Then, I prepared for a body that would be changing- and of course- had a good excuse to go shopping ;)
Maternity tank tops from Old Navy- I have them in every color and pattern just about, they are long, wash well, layer well, and cover my boobs. Plus they have that elastic side so it just keeps growing with the bump. $12 each or cheaper if on clearance
Basic Maternity tees from Old Navy. Same stuff as the tanks but with sleeves. I bought them in stripes and solids. $8 or cheaper
A chambray shirt one size bigger than I normally wear and a basic black blazer and many cardigans in my pre pregnancy size and various colors- these items are awesome to finish a look. And they layer well and go with everything! $20-$50
Let's talk maternity leggings- they are comfortable! And even better- they are comfortable with or without a bump. But I have a beef with some leggings so I really made sure I spent my money on the right ones- mainly the fabric. You know what I'm talking about- the cheapo ones that you can see your skin through! I feel bad for girls every time I see them fall victim to that. The ones above are from Target - and they are Liz Lange Ponte Pants. they are thicker and have a dressy feel to them. Better option for the office. $30
Jeans- I bought a wide leg, a skinny and black. I only wore these my first trimester- I didn't pay an arm and leg for them thank goodness, cause when I reached my second trimester- I didn't even want to look at them anymore. I got them from Pea in the Pod and Destination Maternity on sale. As soon as I noticed my widening hips- these jeans weren't comfortable anymore. $20-$30
I can't wait to share my second trimester goodies- I sure did change a lot!











No comments:
Post a Comment