I couldn't believe it when I saw this recipe...but Rachael recipes rarely disappoint. My original plan was to make sloppy joes for dinner, then it turned into making sloppy joe sauce from scratch, then it turned into a google search and this came up Sloppy Joe and Macaroni Casserole <--recipe- Rachael Ray, Cooking Channel.
Here are the ingredients...
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80-to-85-percent lean)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni with ridges
- 2 cups shredded yellow Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped crisp deli-style dill pickles
The Pickles?!!!! I know!!
Heres what all those veggies look like- thats a lot in one dish, I think. The red bell pepper seems like it doesn't fit right?
I have to show off my Rachael Ray cookware- hehe. Just boiling the macaroni. The brand of macaroni I got, the macaroni with ridges- as the recipe calls for- was Barilla- in the blue box.
The final Product..
This is a budget casserole to say the least. Its seriously only $10 and hello left-overs!
But I gotta tell you, the pickles really makes this..its so unassumed, but so good.. and the red bell peppers are unique too. The flavors are great for such a cheapy casserole dish. Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment