I remember it was such a happy day, people say I had a smile on my face beginning to end..and I really was just blissfully happy. I didn't have happy tears in me, i just remember my cheeks hurt after it was all done. The day was perfect! other than it almost being 100 degrees outside.
Of course we did the traditional thing of eating the cake topper. This thing traveled three times with us, and took up a good square foot of freezer space in our already tiny freezer.
Five layers of Seran wrap and this cake was so moist and tasted awesome!! If you remember what it tasted like, it was a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and a decadent cream cheese frosting. The girl who made it...Heather, simply awesome and uber talented. Thank you so much Heather!
I saved all of our wedding cards, and bridal shower cards. We sat and ate cake, drank wine and read out loud all of the sweet messages from our friends and families
We even found an unused Target gift card in one of the cards! ( Maggie- this was yours!) So, now im so glad we went through these again- lets go shopping!
And finally, we danced again to our first song..I tear up everytime I hear this, and am reminded what a lucky girl I am, to have married such a sweet, genuine, and honest man. Wes tells me every single day he loves me, that i am beautiful and how happy he is with me.
I asked him the other day, " did you ever think 5 years ago you'd be
married?" and he said " No, 5 years ago, all i cared about was finishing
my last semester of college, working at Birchcreek, and playing Beer
Pong" I laughed for about a minute, and then realized how important i
must have been to him to flip his mattress and commit to a lifetime of
marital responsibility. I look forward to many more anniversary
celebrations with him, starting a family and continue our humorous
adventures with each other, our families, and our friends.


2 comments:
I laughed out loud that you found the unused gift card from me! PRICELESS! I hope they will still honor it. Congrats on your 1st year of bliss. May you have decades more. Love you girl!
They honored it! we are now proud owners of a fancy soap dispenser, new kitchen utensils! Thanks Maggie- love you!!
Post a Comment