3/21/12

shoes, puffs and banana cookies

Let me just tell you what I've had to go through the past week- i had a part in letting go of someone at work. hardest week ive had since i started at UB. The emotional part of it, and pretending to keep it together at work, was tricky. My poor husband just witnessed a wreck walking around in his house for about 4 days.

So i finally just had to do something to get rid of all this emotion. I tried to workout- it helped a little, but i was still sad. so then....i organized and baked.



a month in the making, and it finally happened- i know where all my shoes are!
 


On to baking ( and such)


Puff Pastry Cherry Blossoms
just some tips when you are baking these 1) make sure you bake them on a silpat or some parchment- they stick. 2)  egg wash the corners before pressing them together- otherwise you get a blow out ( see below)  and 3) the icing really is key, it balances out the butteryness of the pastry and the tartness of the cherries.

just to tell you how much Wes loved these...

He ate an entire plate
 a plate of this deliciousness is hard to resist!


THEN!!!

I made these....
 
I made this recipe a little more like a breakfast cookie. I used whole wheat flour, added ground flax and split the sugars between white and brown. In place of the nuts or raisins i added a handful of 62% dark chocolate chunks. i also used skim milk.  as Wes puts it, "it sounds like a poop storm" , INDEED!


So this was my night 


after three puff pastry cherry blossoms and a banana cookie ( i mean, a girl has to test these things) This was what i finally had for dinner.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MamaMags said...

I am making those cherry puffs this weekend because my daughter from Idaho is coming with her family. YUM! How much weight have you lost now? Are you still on that diet? Sorry this is a rambling comment, but I loved this post! You are a busy lady.....and firing someon SUCKS!!

MooMill said...

it does suck! it took all my energy. i am not dieting anymore, i have gained a few pounds, but nothing drastic and i feel great..i lost 17 lbs all together. I miss you Maggie!