Yes , I totally know I just got 2020 year in review out .
This time 2021 gave me a new direction in life. I was more punctual.
Wes is still working from home. it has been great; he has been flexible to workwatch Arthur or charlotte if I have a meeting or dr appointment. him having his own office is awesome, cause the door shuts and I don't have to see him. but then he emerges and it's like awww, I missed you and I can kiss you.
Arthur is on his second year of preschool. I did hold him back from kindergarten. It was a decision I made after doing a bunch of asking of teachers and they just said boys do better if they have a summer birthday nearing the deadline, to hold them back another year for them to grow and adjust. It is January and I feel like if Kindergarten started in February, he would be ready, but last September, no way.
My job as a parent is to put my kids into a situation where they feel they can succeed. big guy turned 5 too it was so fun cause he got Minecraft and thought it was so cool cause it was a big kid game.
In June- I shifted all my cake energy to people energy. by that I mean being super involved with my community, my child's education, and setting myself up to be a voice of change and action when the time comes. yes. you are feeling those feels correctly. I have my sights set on a mayoral campaign in a few years. and my heart is leading me towards just some kind of a community leadership position, it doesn't have to be Mayor however Madam Mayor Miller is awesome right?
 |
| sold cupcakes at the Freckle Farm Spring Open House |
 |
| donated baked goods to the bakers market hosted by the blended table |
So I am still doing private cake classes and teaching cake decorating courses, but as far as custom cake orders- I need to love you on a deep level to bust out a cake for you. Here were a few classes I did in 2021
Charlotte started piano during the school year and it was to take the place of gymnastics. I loved gymnastics for her- I truly believe it had a profound impact on her confidence.
 |
| last day of gymnastics |
But she loves piano lessons, and she had a recital in the Fall where they got to wear their Halloween costumes. she was so excited. and she did so awesome. Grandma and Grandpa even made the trip to watch her recital.
and she turned 7! losing so many teeth as well haha
Wes really immersed himself into crypto currency. like he is drowning in the details of it all. Personally, it means nothing to me cause i have yet to reap any benefits. And he's hiding some game from me that involves cartoon versions of himself and others with swords and shields. I don't know, I don't really care to ask. Of course, he's just being the best dad ever too, the kids love to rough house with him and try to bask in his attention at any given moment. and he joined me in the 40 club!
My lean in moments this year were, the community activism, creating a cookbook, raising awareness on PCOS and also a phone game called Project Makeover.
 |
| thanks to those that purchased this book! I am sincerely grateful!! |
I hosted thanksgiving this year! it was so fun- exhausting- but so fun. I got flu leading up to it, and no, it wasn't flurona you freaks, I was tested ( wes didnt know i tested til recently- he is anti testing anti vax all that stuff) but I prevailed and made some memories with my family. my mom even came and if you know anything about my mom, she is the queen of backing out of everything.
Christmas was a little frustrating, we weren't sure how the kids would feel about the chain supply issue, so Santa was able to deliver what he could get his hands on, and he even stuck everything in one giant gift bag cause I think the elves were shorthanded in help to wrap presents.
another year, another year without elf on the shelf, but in this small town. it's everywhere and its crazy what a cult following it has. But I am not knocking it, I am glad I never fell for it.
Arthur had soccer this year and scored goals..i don't go to the kids soccer games but I support their energy. Wes was charlottes coach this year. again, I didn't go other than to take a team photo. Hey, I made my stance years ago about sitting outside for a recreational game. not my jam ,people.
There has been a lot of discovery on the extended family level. it's been hard to separate myself from family cause of views or decisions, but I have had to make peace with my time. my relationships ebb and flow and sometimes they are stagnant but it's always moving ,and coming to terms with that has helped me focus where I am needed, wanted at this moment.
 |
| my niece graduated HS and got a scholarship to the U. such a smartie pants. I can't wait to see how she takes on the world. I love these people so much! |
I have also come to terms with myself that I am an absolute dreamer, and that my focus can only remain for so long until I'm off daydreaming again about another project. Projects that make me extend my boundaries of comfort or projects that answers the why not. for instance, why not be a plus size apparel clothing model. Moonbeam Apparel.
why not take on a cake and home building in one collaboration? Click the link for the entire tutorial
https://fb.watch/auU3MOU93f/
 |
| Logan Brunch Club- sometimes 3 come sometimes 12 |
why not put efforts into a local market and design fliers. why not create a brunch club. why not give out ice-cream cones to the neighbor kids on Memorial Day
Wes and I celebrated 10 years of marriage! it was so fun to have spent it in Vegas! we stayed at Mandalay bay in the coolest executive suite, with a view of the strip. where we saw an amazing fireworks display on the 4th. speaking of strip, if you ever need to accidently go to a topless adult pool. haha..it was quite the experience. and also fun! not the $30 margaritas though.
 |
| I sat here every night |
We ate such yummy food, I drank wine with chocolate cake and it was glorious. To many more years with this fella.
Always so fun with the Bestie when she comes up here or I go down to her.
2021 was truly immersing myself into community and family as soon as I took cakes out of the picture. Cakes take so much time, and though I was leaving during a peak time, the peace I felt was validating.
 |
| october snowmageddon |
 |
| I made PTA treats |
 |
| I had charlotte flex her art muscle and submit a piece into Reflections. her artwork moved to the district level and she got a certificate of participation and $5, cash |
 |
| How I gave out candy, wes takes the kids out to trick or treat and i stay indoors, obvs. |
we hosted an Aggie homecoming tailgate this year and it was soo fun! we had visitors and i made white bean chicken chili and i fed so many people and then left when the game started, haha. It was one of my more fun homecoming experiences, IYKYK.
So, what's next? I am part of so many community advocate groups and children focused organizations. my plate is already full, and I am ecstatic to take on these roles I've been given. You have seen me post and talk about Love Lake City, community fundraising events in Cache Valley and Utah PTA things. my commitment to these events and organizations is 100%. my overarching life purpose is to serve our community that protect and empower children and underserved.
I ended my 2021 with going to a florist with my PTA president, right before winter break, to order flowers for one of our PTA family moms, her daughter passed by suicide, a junior high girl who was lost in the whirlpool of self-worth. and it has made my stance even stronger that our kids need more and more support from all of us, and to provide awareness programs to parents and guardians.
Once you are a parent, my belief is that you need to protect your kids, educate your peers, and empower more accessible information.
thanks for making it to the end, you guys! you are all amazing in my eyes!
No comments:
Post a Comment