but before we left,I had to fit in some fun things!
Alta Moda Bridal celebrated 10 years being in business, and so naturally she threw a party for the industry peeps. I was so happy that I could take Larissa with me and show her the other side of the wedding business. It's always fun to dress up and put make up on. I look totally different when I do. please see example..
The bridal show is always so fun, high end designer gowns are a site to behold. lots of bling and lace this year for sure.
this redhead model is adorable, i tried to hook her up with Victor but he wasn't interested. but she's single and now i have a red head model in my back pocket for a future shoot hehe
Love this SIL of mine!! she's talented, strong, funny and a great mom.
Also did a fun game night with my book club
and me and sarah finally got to celebrate our december birthdays, but in February. we took a dorky craft class but it was really so fun, and we got to chat and just catch up one on one. we are always in a big group and don't really get to talk, and you thought i was busy, try to get in with this girl- she's booked out 6 weeks!
and a fun movie night with some friends. How to be single is a really funny movie, not what i thought it would be. there was a lot of baby and pregnancy stuff in it. appropriate cause 3 of the five girls here are preggers.
right before we left,me and char spent a fantastic day with my BFF Hollie. and Charlotte LOVES her, let her hold her hand even. I mean, whoa. We always laugh so much when we hang out, it's just the best type of friendship to have- loving, reliable, everlasting.
Poor chuck is taking after, or learning from, mom in the sweet tooth department.
The drive down to st george was so nice. and it was so nice when we got there.
i was bending down so i could get a better shot of her standing, but then she bent down with me..haha
and I took the family through snow canyon. it's such a neat drive. and they have a whole trail paved so you can walk and not worry about sand getting in your shoes. but it was hot, so we would park, go out to a spot and take a picture then get back in the car and park at another spot for photos, haha.
and then I annoyed wes by squeezing in a last minute photo shoot. its such a big event to prepare for and so it took some time away from family, but whatever, I let him to go mesquite.
I can't wait for the final pictures. Mckenzi is such an amazing photographer and found this spot up in green valley that just had a magnificent view and landscape
the model is actually the niece of my old boss from when i lived in St George. but when i met her she was like 10, haha. so its amazing to see her all grown up.
Weddings are fun this year! i have 3 I am helping with, this shoot, plus one more in the works, and some other wedding related things going on. And, i am teaching a class the end of march to a group of hair and make up artists on how to build their experiences in the wedding industry through shoots such as this. I'm a bit anxious about it, cause I don't know what the heck I am really going to talk about. I just need to figure it out. otherwise, i will just put a movie on and leave the class room for a bit.
Wes has a work trip coming up to San Fran, I wish we could go but I don't think it's one I can go to. He's also been doing these MTG things a lot lately. not just playing but it's like a mini business he has going on. I've never seen him so focused!
Charlotte is doing great! she is a handful everyday, but we are so lucky. she is such a good kid. so so good. she minds, listens, plays well, eats well, sleeps well. I hope this next one is just as good..but im sure that cause i want it to be that way, it won't happen.
I was starting to feel weird about how Chuck would socialize to other kids. I've had bad experiences and good experiences. and then I would make excuses for her, or blame myself for not doing more, like getting her out. but i've realized that shes just fine, I take her out plenty, she interacts plenty and if other kids can't control their behavior, its not my childs fault. Parenting is such a continual learning experience. I don't think anyone can ever say they perfected it. And if you do, you may have some underlying narcissistic issues.
Pregnancy number 2 is also different. I am not taking belly pics, or documenting anything. I don't even know how far along i really am somedays. Though im starting to feel the flutters, which is nice..it makes it real on days i forget that i am even expecting. Cravings are different too. I went through a fried pickle moment, its currently carrot cake right now.
I like being home though during this pregnancy. I like that I don't have the stress of an office environment, or cocky rude male counterparts to deal with. that stressed me out a lot when I had to go into work last pregnancy. I won't name names, but it wasn't my boss- so no worries there.
being out of the work scene, now, makes me not ever want to get back into that type of environment, i'd rather spin my wheels trying to make things work with Muyly Miller Co then go back to that. Me and Wes have a big idea and its a matter of putting all the pieces and funding together, but it will be huge! and yes, I am still doing a cookbook, probably late fall is when you will see it printed. Still excited about it, but things are different now cause of when I'm due.
Wow. so this ended up being a journal. I'll stop- until next time!

































No comments:
Post a Comment